FLM films - My Webpage

2000-01-24 00:00:00 - missed last 20 minutes of voyager this week - (Aussie <Aussie_Tiger@hotmail.com>)

Anyone able to give me a good description of what happened after the 2 aliens were found on voyager? Right after they caught up to voyagers time (speed). My kids turned the video off while I was out watching Play it to the bone. Thanks in advance Aussie -- "I come from a land down under Where beer does flow and men chunder Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover." --

2000-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: missed last 20 minutes of voyager this week - (Aussie <Aussie_Tiger@hotmail.com>)

Thankyou very much for that. Will lock my video in a cupboard from now on so the kids can't play with it. Will look forward to seeing this episode in repeat sometime in the near future. Aussie -- "I come from a land down under Where beer does flow and men chunder Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? You better run, you better take cover." -- Brodo <Brodo@nospam.com> wrote in message news:388d2276.13566499@news.rdc1.bc.home.com... > Only the male alien survived the transition into Voyager time. > Janeway explains to him the time differential and Voyager's > predicament. The alien tells her about how much of his culture is > based on "The Sky Ship" - his earliest recollection is a mobile of > "The Sky Ship" above his crib. He is fulfilling his childhood dream > by being aboard it. He sings Janeway a childhood prayer that he > learned when growing up. > > The Doctor and the alien have a nice exchange about sports on the > planet. The alien then helps Seven interpret the data that the Doctor > brought back with him. > > Seven then detects the aliens initial tests of warp technology on the > planet. They begin to fire anti-matter torpedoes at Voyager. The > shields begin to weaken. Each comes a few seconds apart, which is a > few days apart on the planet. Each successive weapon is slightly more > powerful than the last - the aliens are modifying the weapon during > each interval. > > The alien on Voyager decides to return to his planet to try to stop > the attacks. He brings with him the data that he and Seven worked on. > Just before he leaves, the Doctor asks him to look up the ancestors of > someone named Jason Dabries, and to tell them about the Doctor. He > says it's a long story, but that he was Jason's father. > > On his return voyage, the alien makes radio contact with the planet. > The radio operator on the planet doesn't believe his claim of who he > is because he has been gone for more than 50 years. He tells the > operator to clear boat traffic from the lake because that is where he > intends to land. > > Back on Voyager, the attacks continue for a few more minutes. The > shields go down. The crew assumes the alien was unsuccessful since a > year and a half has elapsed on the planet since he left Voyager. Then > two alien ships arrive on either side of Voyager and tractor beam her > out of the gravitational field that had trapped her. The alien then > materializes on the Voyager bridge (wearing a temporal compensator > wrist watch so no additional time is passing for him on the planet > while he's there.) He apologizes that it took so long to stop the > attacks. He says goodbye and leaves. Tuvok says the warp drive will > be online in two hours. > > The final scene is the alien sitting on the planet looking up at "The > Sky Ship". Many years have passed for him - he is now an old man. As > he looks up to the sky, "The Sky Ship" disappears and he smiles.

2000-01-25 00:00:00 - Re: missed last 20 minutes of voyager this week - (dvdguy@my-deja.com)

In article <E96j4.1858$T%6.47968@wagner.videotron.net>, "Aussie" <Aussie_Tiger@hotmail.com> wrote: > Anyone able to give me a good description of what happened after the 2 > aliens were found on voyager? Right after they caught up to voyagers time > (speed).Aussie Me too! I missed the last couple minutes! Up until the line "and now we can make first contact the proper way." Darn that local station!! It was late a couple minutes and skewed my timered recording. Thanks Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-01-30 00:00:00 - Re: missed last 20 minutes of voyager this week - (Angry Angel� <briles1@earthlink.net>)

"Aussie" <Aussie_Tiger@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:E96j4.1858$T%6.47968@wagner.videotron.net... > Anyone able to give me a good description of what happened after the 2 > aliens were found on voyager? Right after they caught up to voyagers time > (speed). > > My kids turned the video off while I was out watching Play it to the bone. > > Thanks in advance > > Aussie > > -- > > "I come from a land down under > Where beer does flow and men chunder > Can't you hear, can't you hear the thunder? > You better run, you better take cover." > -- Spoiler Space * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * * After the two aliens appeared on Voyager and time sped up. Janeway, Neelix, Tuvok, and other crewmen rush over to them before it goes to commercial. The next scene takes place in sickbay. The male alien wakes up and Janeway is present. He asks about his partner and finds out she didn't survive. The alien says that she didn't survive the transition, and by saying this makes Janeway and The Doctor aware that he has some idea of what is happening. Janeway fills him in on what's happened and how his planet is in a different plane of time than the rest of the universe. In Janeway's ready room, she and the alien sit on her sofa and talk about his planet. He tells her that Voyager is referred to as the sky ship on his planet and sings a child's prayer about Voyager. Janeway then asks him if he can help them by translating the data they gathered from his planet and see if he can translate it. He agrees to help them break free from the planet. While he is helping Seven in astrometrics Voyager is attacked by the aliens. They are using anti-matter torpedo's. The alien talks to Janeway and he goes back to his planet in an attempt to stop his people from destroying the ship. When he is heading back to the planet he discovers that fifty years have passed. Voyager's shields fail and Tuvok informs Janeway that if they are hit once more they would be destroyed. Then the assault stops. Harry detects two objects heading toward Voyager but he can't tell if they're weapons or not. The two objects grip Voyager with a tractor beam and pull them out of orbit. Once they are freed, the alien appears as a projection and tells Janeway that they are cleared to leave and says that he feels like he's saying goodbye to good friends. Janeway thanks him and says that it will take a couple of hours to repair the ship. The alien says goodbye and disappears. The next scene is the alien as a old man, he is looking up at the sky and see's a bright light in the sky, which is Voyager. Seconds later Voyager jumps to warp and the bright light moves across the sky then disappears. I hope that was detailed enough for you. Angry Angel��� -------------------- Janeway Rocks! "One of the things you learn as you move up the ranks and get a little older is that you wish you had more time in your youth to really absorb all the things that happen to you. It goes by so fast, it's so easy to become jaded, to treat the extraordinary like just another day at the office." -Captain Kathryn Janeway