FLM films - My Webpage

2000-01-05 00:00:00 - Majel speaks about next series ideas - (Bexar <jazz@hilconet.com>)

Over at Sci-fi wire at http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2000-01/05/13.00.tv Majel talks briefly about the next series ideas and the next movie. spoiler space just in case. . . . . . . . . . . She says two ideas have been shot down and Star Trek 10 has been put on the back burner. What I found interesting was this part. "One premise centered on a much younger cast than in previous series, and another was based at a non-Federation outpost," said Roddenberry I think it is safe to say the first idea was probably the Academy rumor. The second idea thou, a non-Federation outpost? Wasn't that DS9? The Federation maned the outpost, but DS9 belong to Bajor. Bexar

2000-01-06 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (Marcin Jastrzebski <darvin@megsinet.net>)

I wonder why not do a series centered in 29th century Federation. (Even cooler technology.) -- Marcin Jastrzebski darvin@megsinet.net http://www.megsinet.net/darvin "Bexar" <jazz@hilconet.com> wrote in message news:8517so014r1@enews4.newsguy.com... > Over at Sci-fi wire at > http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2000-01/05/13.00.tv Majel talks > briefly about the next series ideas and the next movie. > spoiler space just in case. > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > . > She says two ideas have been shot down and Star Trek 10 has been put on > the back burner. What I found interesting was this part. > > "One premise centered on a much younger cast than in previous series, and > another was based at a non-Federation outpost," said Roddenberry > > I think it is safe to say the first idea was probably the Academy > rumor. The second idea thou, a non-Federation outpost? Wasn't that DS9? The > Federation maned the outpost, but DS9 belong to Bajor. > > Bexar > > > >

2000-01-06 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (Zathras <warpvshypeNOwaSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

In article <8517so014r1@enews4.newsguy.com>, "Bexar" <jazz@hilconet.com> wrote: > Over at Sci-fi wire at > http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2000-01/05/13.00.tv > Majel talks > briefly about the next series ideas and the next movie. > spoiler space just in case. Haven't Berman & Bragga already spoiled- oh, wait, THAT kind of spoiler space... > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > .. > She says two ideas have been shot down and Star Trek 10 has > been put on > the back burner. Better to put it off a year or two, rather than rush out with a pretty, shiny piece of shit. What I found interesting was this part. > "One premise centered on a much younger cast than in previous > series, and > another was based at a non-Federation outpost," said Roddenberry > I think it is safe to say the first idea was probably the > Academy > rumor. The second idea thou, a non-Federation outpost? Wasn't that > DS9? The > Federation maned the outpost, but DS9 belong to Bajor. Yes on both counts. Maybe it's a good sign that the money people at Paramount recognized B & B were peddling a recycled version of DS9. The younger cast... there IS a much scarier possibility than the Academy: A bunch of kids on a starship, saving the ship and carrying out the mission when the stupid incompetent adults screw the pooch. No doubt one kid would have a cute, wisecracking robot, one would be a teen heart-throb type, one would belong to a mystical-type race and wear robes, etc. Although, if THAT was what B & B had pitched, they wouldn't still be working there. > > Bexar Z "We live in an imperfect universe." * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-01-06 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Arlie wrote: > > If this is correct, it sounds like the rumors were all true (despite the > denials). It's probably not true. One of these ideas sounds like the Academy series and that was denied by Berman. He has said before that an Academy series isn't what Star Trek is about. So I doubt it. -- Dennis Miller on the Millennium: "Whorin' and warrin' but never borin'." http://pages.whowhere.com/entertainment/scififan/

2000-01-06 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

If this is correct, it sounds like the rumors were all true (despite the denials). Kinda makes you wonder about other rumors.... -- Arlie

2000-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

2000-01-07 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (mcarter@writeme.com)

Cool! Maybe pick up a spin on that one Voyager episode when Janeway et al encounters a crew from a visiting Federation Timeship (can't remember its name) from the future. Perhaps focus on that time period, the crew of that ship and their mission with occasional references and plots involving our "current" Trek universe. Thoughts? On Thu, 6 Jan 2000 22:16:43 -0600, "Marcin Jastrzebski" <darvin@megsinet.net> wrote: >I wonder why not do a series centered in 29th century Federation. (Even >cooler technology.) > >-- >Marcin Jastrzebski >darvin@megsinet.net >http://www.megsinet.net/darvin > >"Bexar" <jazz@hilconet.com> wrote in message >news:8517so014r1@enews4.newsguy.com... >> Over at Sci-fi wire at >> http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire/art-main.html?2000-01/05/13.00.tv Majel >talks >> briefly about the next series ideas and the next movie. >> spoiler space just in case. >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> . >> She says two ideas have been shot down and Star Trek 10 has been put >on >> the back burner. What I found interesting was this part. >> >> "One premise centered on a much younger cast than in previous series, and >> another was based at a non-Federation outpost," said Roddenberry >> >> I think it is safe to say the first idea was probably the Academy >> rumor. The second idea thou, a non-Federation outpost? Wasn't that DS9? >The >> Federation maned the outpost, but DS9 belong to Bajor. >> >> Bexar >> >> >> >> > >

2000-01-08 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (xpeeple@aol.compelling)

2000-01-09 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (Bozo the Proctologist <cuerwer@juno.com>)

Steve Christianson doth write thus: >series5@my-deja.com wrote: >> >> Majel Roddenberry is essentially repeating the same rumors everyone >> else is; she may even have picked them up by surfing the web and >> newsgroups. She certainly isn't being informed of any of this by the >> studio or Trek producers, and she has no contacts at the Paramount >> front offices. I know she doesn't have any input on the Trek shows, but doesn't she still get royalties from Roddenberry's share or estate (or whatever the lawyerese word is)? >Why doesn't Majel ever speak out about aging gracefully and getting out >of TV when you're past your prime? ;-) She's aged more gracefully than a lot of people her age. While kids in their twenties certainly have a place on TV, so do the older, seasoned veterans. >(Sorry, but I thought Lwaxana was so ugly the fillings nearly fell out >of my teeth) So I guess you taped that ep where she walks naked into Ten-Forward for her wedding? <VEG> I didn't think she herself was ugly, but I got the impression that Betazeds were the Fashion Dorks of the galaxy. The main trouble with Lwaxana Troi was that she was irritating- worse than Neelix EVER was. He-Who-Wonders-How-Many-Unsold-Pilots-Of-Her-Late-Husband's-She's-Going-T o-Find-Over-The-Years "When you're riding in a time machine way far into the future, don't stick your elbow out the window, or it'll turn into a fossil." Jack Handy ________________________________________________________________ YOU'RE PAYING TOO MUCH FOR THE INTERNET! Juno now offers FREE Internet Access! Try it today - there's no risk! For your FREE software, visit: http://dl.www.juno.com/get/tagj.

2000-01-10 00:00:00 - Re: Majel speaks about next series ideas - (series5@my-deja.com)

In article <20000109.160531.-966831.2.cuerwer@juno.com>, Bozo the Proctologist <cuerwer@juno.com> wrote: > Steve Christianson doth write thus: > > >series5@my-deja.com wrote: > >> > >> Majel Roddenberry is essentially repeating the same rumors everyone > >> else is; she may even have picked them up by surfing the web and > >> newsgroups. She certainly isn't being informed of any of this by the > >> studio or Trek producers, and she has no contacts at the Paramount > >> front offices. > > I know she doesn't have any input on the Trek shows, but doesn't she > still get royalties from Roddenberry's share or estate (or whatever the > lawyerese word is)? > I'm sure that she still receives GR's residuals and whatever profit agreement he had with Paramoutn regarding "Star Trek", but I've no idea what the specifics are. Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.