FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-28 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (VoyagerLady <voyagerlady13NOvoSPAM@yahoo.com.invalid>)

I met Robert Duncan McNeill at a con. He was charming and friendly. After he spoke and signed autographs, he even posed for a picture with me. He is a marvelous con guest. I can't wait to see him again. Ronda * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-28 00:00:00 - Robert Duncan MacNeil - (patthew2@my-deja.com)

Robert MacNeil has played 2 characters in the Start Trek universe. Remember the TNG episode where Wesley Crusher and the rest of his flight squad at Starfleet Academy are trying to cover up the fact that they had engaged in an outlawed manuever? The captain of his flight squad, Cadet Captain Locarno I believe his name was, was played by none other than Robert Duncan MacNeil. So, I have never understood why his character on Voyager's name is Tom Paris. Tom was in Starfleet, was a very skilled pilot, got booted out, joined the Maquis, got arrested and was recruited for Voyager. Why couldn't they have used Locarno? Their back history is almost identical. Any ideas anyone? Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-05-28 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (Ann Johnson <Johnson.Ann@att.net>)

The character of Tom Paris was already written when they cast Robert Duncan MacNeil. Paris has the added motivation of a father who is an admiral and whose approval he felt he could not achieve. The Locarno episode didn't have any mention of his being the son of an admiral. Also Locarno was thrown out of Starfleet Academy. Even if Locarno did join the Maqui and become a first-rate pilot, Janeway wouldn't have recruited him---he'd never been in Starfleet, had nothing to prove to his father, and couldn't be trusted. <patthew2@my-deja.com> wrote in message news:8gs6ed$9nq$1@nnrp1.deja.com... > Robert MacNeil has played 2 characters in the Start Trek universe. > Remember the TNG episode where Wesley Crusher and the rest of his > flight squad at Starfleet Academy are trying to cover up the fact that > they had engaged in an outlawed manuever? The captain of his flight > squad, Cadet Captain Locarno I believe his name was, was played by none > other than Robert Duncan MacNeil. > So, I have never understood why his character on Voyager's name is Tom > Paris. Tom was in Starfleet, was a very skilled pilot, got booted out, > joined the Maquis, got arrested and was recruited for Voyager. Why > couldn't they have used Locarno? Their back history is almost > identical. Any ideas anyone? > > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ > Before you buy.

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (patthew2@my-deja.com)

Paris struck me as a very large asshole when the series began. In article <8gung3$hpk@chronicle.concentric.net>, "Phlip" <no@spam.com> wrote: > > >>So, I have never understood why his character on Voyager's name is Tom > > >>Paris. Tom was in Starfleet, was a very skilled pilot, got booted out, > joined > > >the Maquis, got arrested and was recruited for Voyager. Why couldn't > they have > > >used Locarno? Their back history is almost identical. Any ideas anyone? > > Because, compared to Tom, Locarno was an asshole? > > -- > Phlip > ======= http://users.deltanet.com/~tegan/home.html ======= > > Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 29 May 2000 00:37:28 GMT, tc8870@aol.com (TC8870) wrote: >>Robert MacNeil has played 2 characters in the Start Trek universe. >>Remember the TNG episode where Wesley Crusher and the rest of his >>flight squad at Starfleet Academy are trying to cover up the fact that >>they had engaged in an outlawed manuever? The captain of his flight >>squad, Cadet Captain Locarno I believe his name was, was played by none >>other than Robert Duncan MacNeil. >>So, I have never understood why his character on Voyager's name is Tom >>Paris. Tom was in Starfleet, was a very skilled pilot, got booted out, joined >the Maquis, got arrested and was recruited for Voyager. Why couldn't they have >used Locarno? Their back history is almost identical. Any ideas anyone? >> > >Long story short (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) TPTB felt that >Locarno was unredeemable; more "bad" then a "bad boy" The reason for the >similar backgrounds,( from what I heard) is they wanted a character like Nick, >almost went with "Lorcarno" but changed their minds. Hence a few tweaks(change >the incident at the Academy to Caldik Prime) and Nick became Paris. At least >that's one of the stories I heard. > >Ah such is Trek I guess. Tim Russ auditioned for the role of "Geordi LaForge" >and Robert Picardo went in for the role of "Neelix" Ya just NEVER know where >you're end up >g< > Yep, Tim was second choice for Geordi and Bob was among the three finalists for Neelix... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Mon, 29 May 2000 00:39:22 GMT, "Ann Johnson" <Johnson.Ann@att.net> wrote: > >Also, Marina Sirtis originally auditioned for Tasha Yar. > And Denise Crosby for Troi... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (Phlip <no@spam.com>)

In article <__iY4.3363$Zm5.268317@bgtnsc06-news.ops.worldnet.att.net>, "Ann Johnson" <Johnson.Ann@att.net> wrote: > > "TC8870" <tc8870@aol.com> wrote in message > news:20000528203728.22819.00000509@ng-fw1.aol.com... > > >Robert MacNeil has played 2 characters in the Start Trek universe. > > >Remember the TNG episode where Wesley Crusher and the rest of his > > >flight squad at Starfleet Academy are trying to cover up the fact that > > >they had engaged in an outlawed manuever? The captain of his flight > > >squad, Cadet Captain Locarno I believe his name was, was played by none > > >other than Robert Duncan MacNeil. > > >So, I have never understood why his character on Voyager's name is Tom > > >Paris. Tom was in Starfleet, was a very skilled pilot, got booted out, > joined > > the Maquis, got arrested and was recruited for Voyager. Why couldn't they > have > > used Locarno? Their back history is almost identical. Any ideas anyone? > > > > > > > Long story short (and somebody please correct me if I'm wrong) TPTB felt > that > > Locarno was unredeemable; more "bad" then a "bad boy" The reason for the > > similar backgrounds,( from what I heard) is they wanted a character like > Nick, > > almost went with "Lorcarno" but changed their minds. Hence a few > tweaks(change > > the incident at the Academy to Caldik Prime) and Nick became Paris. At > least > > that's one of the stories I heard. > > > > Ah such is Trek I guess. Tim Russ auditioned for the role of "Geordi > LaForge" > > and Robert Picardo went in for the role of "Neelix" Ya just NEVER know > where > > you're end up >g< > > Also, Marina Sirtis originally auditioned for Tasha Yar. > > Yeah, I knew about Marina. Did you know that Tim Russ auditioned for LaForge? Sent via Deja.com http://www.deja.com/ Before you buy.

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (tc8870@aol.com)

2000-05-29 00:00:00 - Re: Robert Duncan MacNeil - (Ann Johnson <Johnson.Ann@att.net>)