FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-18 00:00:00 - Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (Ronda Sexton <rfsexton@computron.net>)

spoiler space for those who wish to remain unspoiled. 05.18.00 Dispatch: UPN Announces Season Star Trek: Voyager's final season was included today as the United Paramount Network (UPN) announced its 2000-2001 season. "Viewers will flock to 'Star Trek: Voyager' this season for all the right reasons," said Tom Nunan, President, Entertainment for UPN, "We kick off the year resolving this season's shocking cliffhanger, we're planning a host of stunts to promote the show's final season and we have a two-hour movie planned for November sweeps." In a press release, UPN calls the season opener (finishing up the "Unimatrix Zero" cliffhanger) "...the ultimate showdown between Voyager and the Borg."

2000-05-19 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Ronda doth write thus: >spoiler > > >space > > >for > > > >those > > > >who > > > >wish > >to > >remain > > >unspoiled. > > > > > > > > > > > > > 05.18.00 Dispatch: UPN Announces > Season > > > Star Trek: Voyager's final season was included >today as the > United Paramount Network (UPN) announced its >2000-2001 > season. > > "Viewers will flock to 'Star Trek: Voyager' this >season for all the > right reasons," said Tom Nunan, President, >Entertainment for > UPN, Because it still follows "Seven Days?" >"We kick off the year resolving this >season's shocking > cliffhanger, Admiral Hayes is *really* working for the Cigarette-smoking man!! >we're planning a host of stunts to >promote the show's > final season Which gets the most planning and polish, the scripts or the stunts? >and we have a two-hour movie planned >for November > sweeps." I'm going to go out on a limb and guess.... Borg? > In a press release, UPN calls the season opener >(finishing up the > "Unimatrix Zero" cliffhanger) "...the ultimate >showdown between > Voyager and the Borg." It can't be very *ultimate* if the Borg are going to keep dropping by for the Sweeps. ***************************************** "Insanity is a part of the times, Vir: You must learn to *embrace* the madness!!" Londo Mollari

2000-05-19 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (Velian <velian2k@home.com>)

Voyager won't ever be in a movie. The alpha quadrant has never heard of 8472. And it never will, except in Voyager's logs when it returns. "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:e5gV4.2500$PZ6.316408@news3.cableinet.net... > Bozo the Evil Klown wrote > > Ronda doth write thus: > > > > >spoiler > > > > > > > > >space > > > > > > > > >for > > > > > > > > > > > >those > > > > > > > > > > > >who > > > > > > > > > > > >wish > > > > > >to > > > > > >remain > > > > > > > > >unspoiled. > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > **snip** > > >we're planning a host of stunts to > > >promote the show's > > > final season > > > > Which gets the most planning and polish, the scripts or the stunts? > > LOL! At a guess I'd say the stunts, but that's just me, joe public so to > speak. > > > >and we have a two-hour movie planned > > >for November > > > sweeps." > > > > I'm going to go out on a limb and guess.... Borg? > > Hmmm..... I wonder...I sense a possible movie tie in. What about 8472? > > > > > In a press release, UPN calls the season > opener > > >(finishing up the > > > "Unimatrix Zero" cliffhanger) "...the ultimate > > >showdown between > > > Voyager and the Borg." > > > > It can't be very *ultimate* if the Borg are going to keep dropping by > for the > > Sweeps. > > Ahhh.... but that's what 8472 is for. The ultimate showdown between > Voyager and the Borg is resolved leaving only 8472 as the scourge of the > galaxy. What if 8472 has a big screen debut in the near future? Say the > next Trek movie? Just speculation mind, but if they did have such a > role, a two-hour in the autumn and spring sweeps with 8472 making some > noise might result in a) quite a finale as Voyager races to get home > with vital data about 8472(they'll technobabble a reason why they can't > simply transmit it), and b) a movie tie in for current Trek fans > watching Voyager with possible roles for some of the current cast aiding > the valiant crew of the Enterprise in battling 8472. Perhaps Voyager > itself will be destroyed in the movie, leaving the Big E with the > combined crew to defeat the CGI bad guys? > > Just speculation, but....you never know. > > >

2000-05-19 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Velian wrote > "Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" wrote > > Bozo the Evil Klown wrote > > > Ronda doth write thus: **cut** > > Ahhh.... but that's what 8472 is for. The ultimate showdown between > > Voyager and the Borg is resolved leaving only 8472 as the scourge of the > > galaxy. What if 8472 has a big screen debut in the near future? Say the > > next Trek movie? Just speculation mind, but if they did have such a > > role, a two-hour in the autumn and spring sweeps with 8472 making some > > noise might result in a) quite a finale as Voyager races to get home > > with vital data about 8472(they'll technobabble a reason why they can't > > simply transmit it), and b) a movie tie in for current Trek fans > > watching Voyager with possible roles for some of the current cast aiding > > the valiant crew of the Enterprise in battling 8472. Perhaps Voyager > > itself will be destroyed in the movie, leaving the Big E with the > > combined crew to defeat the CGI bad guys? > > > > Just speculation, but....you never know. > > > > > Voyager won't ever be in a movie. Uh-huh. DS9 wasn't gonna be in any movie and Worf has managed to be seconded twice for the post TOS movies(FC and then Insurrection), once along with the Defiant(in FC). Voyager can cameo in a similar way. The EMH also made a quick appearance in FC. There is no reason to suppose that would be impossible. > The alpha quadrant has never heard of 8472. Yet. They'd never heard of the Borg until Q showed them, and the Borg are in the DQ. 8472 can appear any place it likes by using one of those handy dandy singularities to travel from fluidic space to "real" space. If 8472 decides, as they almost did already, that the Federation is a bigger threat to them than the, now wussified, Borg, then they'll attack, especially as Janeway gave them the information needed to defend themselves against the Borg nano-probe weapon that she created to destroy 8472. > And it never will, except in Voyager's logs when it returns. Say what you like, 8472 would make a very credible enemy in the next Star Trek movie. You seem also to be missing the point. The Movies are Star Trek in general, not just TNG or TOS. So there is no reason to suppose that Voyager won't have an impact on the plans for the next movie, especially if there is a decent tie in to build audience. The next movie needs a good bad guy, and 8472 seems to provide just that. an implacable foe, totally alien, able to change shape and viciously violent when cornered. Are you so sure?

2000-05-20 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (juli17@aol.com)

2000-05-20 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (Khyron <Jrittne1@pop.nycap.rr.com>)

> > Ahhh.... but that's what 8472 is for. The ultimate showdown between > > Voyager and the Borg is resolved leaving only 8472 as the scourge of the > > galaxy. What if 8472 has a big screen debut in the near future? Say the > > next Trek movie? Just speculation mind, but if they did have such a > > role, a two-hour in the autumn and spring sweeps with 8472 making some > > noise might result in a) quite a finale as Voyager races to get home > > with vital data about 8472(they'll technobabble a reason why they can't > > simply transmit it), and b) a movie tie in for current Trek fans > > watching Voyager with possible roles for some of the current cast aiding > > the valiant crew of the Enterprise in battling 8472. Perhaps Voyager > > itself will be destroyed in the movie, leaving the Big E with the > > combined crew to defeat the CGI bad guys? > > > > Just speculation, but....you never know. gee thanks, now u have me all phycked out for a movie that may not exsist, hehe great storyline, ever thing about writing the story down on paper and submit it? i think that the plot is a great why to tie all series together...have been done before :-) Jason

2000-05-22 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7----Potential Spoilage - (Steven Dasheiff <dasheiff@brandeis.edu>)

"Chris W." wrote: > Pie wrote: > > > Voyager has shown time and again it's a threat, by > > haze of sub-atomic particles. The old Borg would have done this, the New > > Borg seem content to allow Voyager free reign. > > studying your > prey may be more valuable than assimilating it. , seeing how Voyager adapts to > > each attack. remember, acorrding to the voyager queen 7 of 9 was planted on voyaer and the queen is intent on using a mass assimlation technique on earth itself. braga makes many many mistakes but i think that he's eventually going to use this.