FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Stembolt <Stembolt@austin.rr.combadge>)

"Countess Tess" <grevetess@chello.se> wrote in message news:3911BE18.FB420311@chello.se... > Nordy wrote: > > > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till I > > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the stuff I > > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able to > > post from home again. > > You will fill it faster than you thought possible. > I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due to lack > of space. I hope this isn't rubbing it in but, I've got 25 GB and I've managed to fill it up. I've collected some great files and a lot of crap. I really need to do some pruning... or get more storage. -- Stembolt "We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." -- Jack Handey

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - ("Melvyn the Trill")

Countess Tess wrote in message <3911BE18.FB420311@chello.se>... >Nordy wrote: > >> Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till I >> get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the stuff I >> can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able to >> post from home again. > >You will fill it faster than you thought possible. >I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due to lack >of space. > >Tess You're so right. A year ago I had a 4Gb drive. "That's huge" says I. Four months later, I add an extra 8Gb as the first one was stuffed full. Now, six months on, I've just added a 20Gb drive. Guess that'll last me about 8 months before I need more space. :-) -- Melvyn the Trill http://www.geocities.com/melvyn_the_trill

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Countess Tess <grevetess@chello.se>)

Stembolt wrote: > "Countess Tess" <grevetess@chello.se> wrote in message > news:3911BE18.FB420311@chello.se... > > Nordy wrote: > > > > > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till > I > > > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the > stuff I > > > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able > to > > > post from home again. > > > > You will fill it faster than you thought possible. > > I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due to > lack > > of space. > > I hope this isn't rubbing it in but, I've got 25 GB and I've managed to fill > it up. I've collected some great files and a lot of crap. I really need to > do some pruning... or get more storage. Wow 25 GB I'm envious. But I should manage with 15 GB, I've got a CD-burner. But some how I fill it up. Tess

Nordy wrote: > "Countess Tess" <grevetess@chello.se> wrote in message > news:3911BE18.FB420311@chello.se... > > Nordy wrote: > > > > > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till > I > > > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the > stuff I > > > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able > to > > > post from home again. > > > > You will fill it faster than you thought possible. > > I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due to > lack > > of space. > > > > Tess > > > Not so fast, because I bought it at dealer prices I got no documentation and > no drivers :( which makes it difficult to get it running Do you need help? Tess

Nordy wrote: > "Countess Tess" <grevetess@chello.se> wrote in message > news:3911F3ED.A8FB58CA@chello.se... > > Nordy wrote: > > > > > "Countess Tess" <grevetess@chello.se> wrote in message > > > news:3911BE18.FB420311@chello.se... > > > > Nordy wrote: > > > > > > > > > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days > till > > > I > > > > > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the > > > stuff I > > > > > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be > able > > > to > > > > > post from home again. > > > > > > > > You will fill it faster than you thought possible. > > > > I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due > to > > > lack > > > > of space. > > > > > > > > Tess > > > > > > > Not so fast, because I bought it at dealer prices I got no documentation > and > > > no drivers :( which makes it difficult to get it running > > > > Do you need help? > > > > Tess > > > > I seem to be ok, I have it up and running and I have a friend geting me the > jumper settings for the bigfoot to set it up as a slave. > > Thanks heaps anyways, I just had to nut it out, I did pretty well for > someone with no documentation, at least I think I did. > > Nordy > aka CJ If it's working you did ok. The problem is always finding the right jumper setting. Finding it on the internet can bring you lots of irritation. I know Tess

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Countess Tess <grevetess@chello.se>)

Nordy wrote: > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till I > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the stuff I > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able to > post from home again. You will fill it faster than you thought possible. I've got 15 GB and I had to reformat the hard drive and start over due to lack of space. Tess

2000-05-04 00:00:00 - [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Nordy <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com>)

Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till I get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the stuff I can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able to post from home again. Nordy aka CJ

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (jupiturgrl@aol.completeme)

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On Fri, 5 May 2000 14:08:46 +1200, "Nordy" <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com> wrote: >> >> Nordy wrote: >> >> > >> >> > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days >till >> >I >> >> > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the >> >stuff I >> >> > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be >able >> >to >> >> > post from home again. >> >> >> >> >> >> <looks at his 2GB computer: sigh> >> >> >> >> Looking forward to seeing you, CJ. :-) >> >> >> >> (er, I owe you e-mail, will get back to you soon, major mailbox >backlog) >> > >> >no worries, have to get stupid puter working right first, it annoyed me >so >> >much last night I have named three of the partitions dumbfuck, ifuck, and >> >fuckable and the computer is named fuckwit and its description is fucked, >so >> >as you can see it has annoyed me alot. Now when I get the secondary drive >> >working (the original one with all my stuff stored on it) then I will >start >> >doing email from home and ICQ but untill then It will have to wait a bit >:( >> > >> >Nordy >> >aka CJ >> > >> >> >> Heh, I see that you too like to use Interesting Partition Names too. >> :P >> >> -LMB > >Yeah (excuse the language) they are dumbfuck, ifuck and fuckable. > >Puter name is fuckwit and description for the network is fucked > >Nordy >aka CJ >I was really annoyed and tired > Not a problem.. It's kinda like when I was trying to get Linux installed on my second hard drive..... Basically, drive E was on my C (Slot 1, MASTER) drive... But I thought it was on the Slot 2 (MASTER) drive... So, I kept trying to format E: (for Win98's use) but it didn't fucking work!! I finally figured it out.. <g> <blush> -LMB <NOTE: DO NOT PARTITION WHILE DRUNK>

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Stembolt <Stembolt@austin.rr.combadge>)

"Nordy" <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com> wrote in message news:8et67o$pl$1@news.ihug.co.nz... > > Thats how it was set up originally and it didnt want to work, do I set the > secondary master up as a master? Yes. Both drives should be set as master. One (the big one) will be on the Primary IDE cable (the primary master), and the other will be on the Secondary IDE cable (the secondary master). Your CD-rom should then be put on the Secondary IDE cable (the secondary slave). You will need to make sure that the jumpers are set appropriately for both hard drives and the CD-rom drive. On bootup, make sure your computer detects the new set-up. Some computers detect a hardware change automatically. You will probably have to enter the computer "Setup" program (bios) and instruct it to detect the hard drives -"IDE Hard Disk Detection". Computer "Setup" is done during booting -- NOT in Windows. Let me know if you don't know how to access it. Once everything is working properly, I will tell you how to set the DMA for each drive for much better performance. BTW, I prefer not to use the EZ-BIOS that comes with several types of hard drives. It has caused conflicts in multiple hard drive configurations. I don't know if Quantum uses it or not, so it may not be an issue for you. Good luck, Stembolt

On Fri, 5 May 2000 06:55:14 +1200, "Nordy" <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com> wrote: > >"Steve Christianson" <stevechristianson@yahoo.com> wrote in message >news:39119796.79D1@yahoo.com... >> X-No-Archive: yes >> >> >> >> Nordy wrote: >> > >> > Ok, I will probably only be posting from work for the next few days till >I >> > get everything reset up on my new Harddrive. (17GB baby, imagine the >stuff I >> > can fit on that) so when that is working and set up again I will be able >to >> > post from home again. >> >> >> <looks at his 2GB computer: sigh> >> >> Looking forward to seeing you, CJ. :-) >> >> (er, I owe you e-mail, will get back to you soon, major mailbox backlog) > >no worries, have to get stupid puter working right first, it annoyed me so >much last night I have named three of the partitions dumbfuck, ifuck, and >fuckable and the computer is named fuckwit and its description is fucked, so >as you can see it has annoyed me alot. Now when I get the secondary drive >working (the original one with all my stuff stored on it) then I will start >doing email from home and ICQ but untill then It will have to wait a bit :( > >Nordy >aka CJ > Heh, I see that you too like to use Interesting Partition Names too. :P -LMB

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (Nordy <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com>)

"Nordy" <sweet.thing@nospam.innocent.com> wrote in message news:8estkp$8ko$1@news.ihug.co.nz... > I have just found out it is set up right but I think the fact that I am > running it on the same IDE cable as the 17GB drive is causing the hiccup. I > am going to put it as the secondary slave and make the CDRom the Primary > Slave. and see if that works Nordy, If you have 2 hard drives and only 1 CD rom, set them both drives as masters. The 17 GB drive as Primary IDE Master by itself, and the other drive as the Secondary Master on the 2nd IDE cable. Then set the CD rom as Slave on the secondary IDE cable. That should end the "hiccups". -- Stembolt "We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." -- Jack Handey

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - (jupiturgrl@aol.completeme)

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: [OT] [AOB] New Stuff for Puter - ("Louis M. Brown" <phyphor@rocketmail.com>)

On 05 May 2000 20:03:24 GMT, jupiturgrl@aol.completeme (Empress of The Unknown) wrote: >Louis wrote: > >::pokes nose in thread:: <vbEg>...... > >>>Nordy >>>aka CJ >>>I was really annoyed and tired >> >>Not a problem.. It's kinda like when I was trying to get Linux >>installed on my second hard drive..... >> >>Basically, drive E was on my C (Slot 1, MASTER) drive... > >Next time, can I be drive E? <eg> <LOL> Uh, what would your volume label (name of the partition) be? <EG> > >>But I >>thought it was on the Slot 2 (MASTER) drive... > >::comfort:: > >>So, I kept trying to format E: (for Win98's use) but it didn't fucking >>work!! I finally figured it out.. <g> > >Yay! > >><blush> >> >>-LMB >> >><NOTE: DO NOT PARTITION WHILE DRUNK> > >*stifled giggle* ..but it might be fun! <eg> It's not. :P -LMB