FLM films - My Webpage

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (Stembolt <Stembolt@austin.rr.combadge>)

"Therese Gray" <tgray@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message news:2000080319513886296@zetnet.co.uk... > The message <398984fc@news.iprimus.com.au> > from "F_Lee" <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com> contains these words: > > > > Hey - can anyone answer this for me? > > > Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US Olympics advert > > that encouraged "bonking for America". It was notable because here, > > 'bonking' means ... well ... intercourse! <g> > > Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) > > > What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? > > > Fiona > > > It means the same in the UK as it does in Australia! :) Could you give a little context? Bonking for America doesn't make any sense to me either. Could they have said "rooting" for America? -- Stembolt "We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." - Jack Handey

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (conANDave <conandave@email.com>)

"F_Lee" <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com> wrote in message news:398984fc@news.iprimus.com.au... : Hey - can anyone answer this for me? : : Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US Olympics advert : that encouraged "bonking for America". It was notable because here, : 'bonking' means ... well ... intercourse! <g> : Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) : : What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? Well, unless I've been really lost on the newest pop culture, bonking in the US means hitting someone on the head. But, are you sure it said "Bonk" and not "Bank"? Because I know that Bank of America is a US Olympic Sponsor, and their slogan is "Banking on America. Bank of America" and I suppose if they were doing Olympic coverage, they might say something like "Banking for America."

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (King of Cyberia <garyli@reincarnate.com.GRETHOR>)

On Aug 4 F_Lee walked on stage, wiggled said hiney and spoke to the members of alt.tv.star-trek.voyager: \Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US \Olympics ad that encouraged "bonking for America". It was \notable because here, 'bonking' means... well... intercourse! <g> \Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) LOL. What's the name of this Australian show, and what does it do? \ \What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? When EB "bonks" another Brit chick, that's one thing. When I bonk a regular here for foolish behavior, that's another. <ecg> -- "Why do you ask questions for which you already know the answers?" (Patrick Stewart) WuName: the Silent Observer (Not related to the ppl at www.geocities.com/ussindependencea/index.html) Home of Section 31 and Area 001 Command: home.coqui.net/hannbio/index1.htm

2000-08-03 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (Therese Gray <tgray@zetnet.co.uk>)

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (F_Lee <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com>)

Stembolt wrote in message ... > >"Therese Gray" <tgray@zetnet.co.uk> wrote in message >news:2000080319513886296@zetnet.co.uk... >> The message <398984fc@news.iprimus.com.au> >> from "F_Lee" <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com> contains these words: >> >> >> > Hey - can anyone answer this for me? >> >> > Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US Olympics >advert >> > that encouraged "bonking for America". It was notable because here, >> > 'bonking' means ... well ... intercourse! <g> >> > Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) >> >> > What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? >> >> > Fiona >> >> >> It means the same in the UK as it does in Australia! :) > >Could you give a little context? Bonking for America doesn't make any sense >to me either. Could they have said "rooting" for America? > No. It was 'bonk'. It seemed to mean barracking. 'Rooting' means both here too! Has anyone seen the ad in question? Fiona >-- >Stembolt > >"We tend to scoff at the beliefs of the ancients. But we can't scoff at them >personally, to their faces, and this is what annoys me." - Jack Handey > > > >

King of Cyberia wrote in message ... >On Aug 4 F_Lee walked on stage, wiggled said hiney and >spoke to the members of alt.tv.star-trek.voyager: > >\Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US >\Olympics ad that encouraged "bonking for America". It was >\notable because here, 'bonking' means... well... intercourse! <g> >\Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) > >LOL. >What's the name of this Australian show, and what does it do? It's called 'The Panel' and has a simple but highly entertaining concept- five people sit around a desk and talk about 'Stuff', unscripted, unrehearsed, live to air. They have guests in the studio from Jerry Lewis to paralympian Louise Svage (sp?). It presents like 30-something friends sitting talking about what they've been thinking about all week. All the regular five are friends in RL so they have a riot! :-) There are segments on sport and entertainment, a music act and a charity segment at the end. (They get a company logo printed on their mugs for the night, co. sends $500 to fave charity.) Website: http://www.workingdog.com/ Fiona Lee >\ >\What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? > >When EB "bonks" another Brit chick, that's one thing. >When I bonk a regular here for foolish behavior, that's another. > > ><ecg> >-- >"Why do you ask questions for which you already know the answers?" >(Patrick Stewart) > >WuName: the Silent Observer >(Not related to the ppl at www.geocities.com/ussindependencea/index.html) >Home of Section 31 and Area 001 Command: home.coqui.net/hannbio/index1.htm >

conANDave wrote in message >"F_Lee" <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com> wrote in message >news:398984fc@news.iprimus.com.au... >: Hey - can anyone answer this for me? >: >: Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US Olympics >advert >: that encouraged "bonking for America". It was notable because here, >: 'bonking' means ... well ... intercourse! <g> >: Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) >: >: What is the meaning in the States??? What about the UK? > >Well, unless I've been really lost on the newest pop culture, bonking in the >US means hitting someone on the head. > >But, are you sure it said "Bonk" and not "Bank"? Because I know that Bank >of America is a US Olympic Sponsor, and their slogan is "Banking on America. >Bank of America" and I suppose if they were doing Olympic coverage, they >might say something like "Banking for America." Nope. People were holding up posters with the slogan in the ad. Very strange! :-) > >

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Bonk for America? - (F_Lee <fionablue47@DIESPAMDIEhotmail.com>)

2000-08-04 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (Kane <kane@bigpond.net.au>)

> \Recently a tv show down here in Aussie showed a clip of a US > \Olympics ad that encouraged "bonking for America". It was > \notable because here, 'bonking' means... well... intercourse! <g> > \Needless to say, the show had a field day... :-) > > LOL. > What's the name of this Australian show, and what does it do? I think he/she is talking about The Panel... which is basically five people (usually 4 semi-informed comedians + one stupid woman) talking about a few current issues (joking around) plus talk to musicians / actors etc about stuff.. This weeks show (its shown live BTW) had Dennis Rodman on it... He is in Australia for WWF or some sort of wrestling

2000-08-07 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - (King of Cyberia <garyli@reincarnate.com.GRETHOR>)

Today EvilBill[AGQx] walked on stage, wiggled said hiney and spoke to the members of alt.tv.star-trek.voyager: \> When EB "bonks" another Brit chick, that's one thing. \ \Not that I ever get to. <g> Speaking of girls, did you know about a new Gen-X movie just out? It's called "Coyote Ugly" and the plot is that a blonde goes to NYC to be a bartender. The commercials show them wiggling their asses to the guys. But it only made 22 million over the weekend! Wake up America, what the hell is wrong with you? \>LOL. \>What's the name of this Australian show, and what does it do? \ \It's called 'The Panel' and has a simple but highly entertaining \concept- five people sit around a desk and talk about 'Stuff', \unscripted, unrehearsed, live to air. They have guests in the \studio from Jerry Lewis to paralympian Louise Svage (sp?). It \presents like 30-something friends sitting talking about what \they've been thinking about all week. All the regular five are \friends in RL so they have a riot! :-) There are segments on \sport and entertainment, a music act and a charity segment at \the end. Website: http://www.workingdog.com/ Hmm sounds like "Politically Incorrect" with Bill Maher. -- "Why do you ask questions for which you already know the answers?" (Patrick Stewart) 33% Borg-implant, 33% Klingon-raised, 33% Vulcan-trained, and 101% Human-born! Home of Section 31 and Area 001 Command: home.coqui.net/hannbio/index1.htm

2000-08-07 00:00:00 - Re: Bonk for America? - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <devlin@SPAM-ME-AND-DIE-MUTHAagqx-imperium.fsnet.co.uk>)

"King of Cyberia" <garyli@reincarnate.com.GRETHOR> wrote in message > > When EB "bonks" another Brit chick, that's one thing. Not that I ever get to. <g> -- * If you travel far enough, you'll eventually meet yourself. That's gotta suck. ICQ: 37464244.