FLM films - My Webpage

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>)

Scorpion 2 Spoilers: 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"?

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (havoc <havoc@ucs.net>)

Tim Bruening wrote: > Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For > The > Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, > shouldn't > she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? Having just seen Scorpion for the first time.... Is it my imagination, or was Jeri Ryan a bit weak as a Borg? Her manners, speech patterns, the way she walked, none of it seemed quite "Borg." Her "Borg acting" actually seems better in more recent episodes where she has Borg flashbacks, etc. -Havoc

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (mark5291961@aol.com)

If Seven of Nine had said "We speak for the Borg", then it would not have made sense for the Borg to send her in as their representative. Since janeway told the Borg that she wanted only one person from the collective to act as a go-between, I think the Borg gave Seven some leeway as an individual in that situation.

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (xyz <whomever@nowhere.net>)

It would have to be either "We are the Borg" or "I speak for the Borg." The sentence "We speak for the Borg" means there is a subset of the Borg with a quantity >1 speaking for the Borg. (Unless you want to give 7of9 the rights to use the Pope's speech!) "havoc" <havoc@ucs.net> wrote in message news:3937D89C.1C44F906@ucs.net... > Tim Bruening wrote: > > > Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > > > 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For > > The > > Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, > > shouldn't > > she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? > > > Having just seen Scorpion for the first time.... > Is it my imagination, or was Jeri Ryan a bit weak as a Borg? Her > manners, speech patterns, the way she walked, none of it seemed quite > "Borg." Her "Borg acting" actually seems better in more recent episodes > where she has Borg flashbacks, etc. > > -Havoc > >

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (Lady_Ardalyn <ardalyn@inreach.com>)

Not to mention that #@$%^& Borg outfit... no one else has a Thong going up there butt but HER!! Show dem Hips!!! *swish swish swish* > > Having just seen Scorpion for the first time.... > Is it my imagination, or was Jeri Ryan a bit weak as a Borg? Her > manners, speech patterns, the way she walked, none of it seemed quite > "Borg." Her "Borg acting" actually seems better in more recent episodes > where she has Borg flashbacks, etc. > > -Havoc > >

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Tim Bruening" <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message > Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The > Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't > she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? > As a Speaker for the Borg, she'd probably have slightly more individuality than other drones, to more easily communicate with the Voyager crew. Remember how Locutus used "I" also. -- This .sig is under construction. Please be patient.

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (Mournful Ta' <tateria@yahoo.com>)

Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote in message news:393742AD.1772EB2E@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us... > Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > > > > > > > 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The > Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't > she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? The borg understand individuality. I'm sure as a member of Unimatrix One, it was a bad habit she picked up from the Queen...

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (nlu@Xenon.Stanford.EDU)

In article <393742AD.1772EB2E@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us>, Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> wrote: >Scorpion 2 Spoilers: >7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The >Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't >she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? Technically, it should be "This drone speaks for the Borg." However, it is consistent with "I am Locutus of Borg."

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (tsalonie@alpha.hut.fi)

In article <393742AD.1772EB2E@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> Tim Bruening <tsbrueni@pop.dcn.davis.ca.us> writes: >Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > >7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The >Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't >she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? Not really. Didn't Picard say "I am Locutus", too? Being able to use first person singular apparently goes with the job of being the official Borg spokesperson. Timo Saloniemi

2000-06-03 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (arlie88@aol.comNoSpam)

>> Having just seen Scorpion for the first time.... Is it my imagination, or was Jeri Ryan a bit weak as a Borg? Her manners, speech patterns, the way she walked, none of it seemed quite "Borg." Her "Borg acting" actually seems better in more recent episodes where she has Borg flashbacks, etc. << I agree. Jeri Ryan didn't impress me at all at first. She's great now, but it took her awhile to get into the part. I thought her acting was kind of weak in her early episodes. She's great now, though. -- Arlie

2000-06-03 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - (kaboom@7of.9)

On 03 Jun 2000 00:24:20 GMT, arlie88@aol.comNoSpam (Arlie) wrote: >>> Having just seen Scorpion for the first time.... >Is it my imagination, or was Jeri Ryan a bit weak as a Borg? Her >manners, speech patterns, the way she walked, none of it seemed quite >"Borg." Her "Borg acting" actually seems better in more recent episodes >where she has Borg flashbacks, etc. << > >I agree. Jeri Ryan didn't impress me at all at first. She's great now, but it >took her awhile to get into the part. I thought her acting was kind of weak in >her early episodes. She's great now, though. **She admitted that when she was first handed the script for Scorpion Part 2 that she panicked. She thought she was just going to mill around with the other Borg. Instead she finds that she has a lot of dialog, so she panicked and called the producers because she had no idea how to play a Borg. She's definitely grown into the role. kaboomie

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: 7 Of 9's First Words: Scorpion 2 Spoilers - ("Engaged Pie (aka Gordon)" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Tim Bruening wrote > Scorpion 2 Spoilers: > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > > 7 Of 9's first words as she strides into the series are "I Speak For The > Borg". Since she was part of the Borg Collective at the time, shouldn't > she have said "We Speak For The Borg. We Are 7 Of 9"? Nah, Seven was provided by the borg as an individual for Janeway and Tuvok to work with and to speak *for* the Borg. It seems logical, and more efficient for Seven to use a method of speech to put them at ease, feigning individuality would logically be part of that.