FLM films - My Webpage

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (thesiskoisofbajor <rhimpelman@ameritech.net>)

At this point I've become so disenchanted with Voy. that I'll be happy just to see it be put to rest because I know that anything I would want to see them do won't happen because it would require actually allowing characters to show actual depth. ----- RH (a.k.a. Wesley Crusher) * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Season 7:The End - (RobMcCartney@webtv.net)

It's a shame, I've really come to like Voyager, even if they fall back on "old reliable" stories like The Borg for cliffhangers. I didn't find UNIMATRIX ZERO all that compelling, but that's another thread... It appears The End (the return to Earth) will not be in the first half of the Season, and may be very close to the Series Finale episode. I hope and pray that TPTB at least bring them home and devote 1 entire episode to EACH of the major crew members and their "readjustment" to life on Earth (or at least in the Alpha Quadrant) with small B-stories interacting with former Voyager crew members. Let's see Janeway promoted to Admiral for her leadership in getting Voyager home. Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's meet them for goodness sakes!) Chakotay & B'Lanna and the Maquis connection. Tom & his dad, the resolution to his "problems" Harry, making Lt. (jg) !!!! Seven & Neelix acclimating to Earth life and Starfleet Intelligence on Gamma Quadrant life. The Doctor, hopefully doing something other than cleaning plasma conduits..... 1 entire show EACH, let's not come home in the second to the last episode and then wrap it up all nice and clean in the Finale.....that would piss me off. Thoughts?

2000-06-01 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (VoyagerLady <voyagerlady13NOvoSPAM@yahoo.com.invalid>)

My Season 7 Wish List Tom and B'Elanna get married!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Janeway and Chakotay furfil the J/C dream!! We get to see Doc go back to his holofamily. Harry fall in love with the RIGHT woman for a change. Less Seven saves the day episodes. Tuvok has a reunion with T'Pel and sees his new grandchild. Tom and his parents get to talk. B'Elanna and her parents get to talk. Ronda * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (nostradamus <nostra-damus@gmx.net>)

How about this: After Voyager gets home, the crew can't get used to life on earth and all the changes the Federation has gon trough (like the dominion war), so they deside to go back to the Delta quadrant "to explore new worlds en seek out new civilisations". They get a new ship the USS Voyager B (much faster, stronger and better armed ofcourse) and some new crewmates. This would make it possible to make a Voyager movie. -- ******************** was send by: "Nostradamus" reply to: nostra-damus@gmx.net ******************** havoc <havoc@ucs.net> schreef in berichtnieuws 3937FA1C.A251D127@ucs.net... > Rob & Moon wrote: > > >It appears The End (the return to Earth) will not be in the first half > > > of the Season, and may be very close to the Series Finale episode. > > Actually, from what I've heard.... They won't get home until the series > finale. After all, they will want to end it on a bang. > > Our only remaining hope would be if they still bring them home early in > the season (November or February sweeps), which would give them time to > build up to a whole new sorta bang. > > -Havoc > >

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (havoc <havoc@ucs.net>)

Rob & Moon wrote: >It appears The End (the return to Earth) will not be in the first half > of the Season, and may be very close to the Series Finale episode. Actually, from what I've heard.... They won't get home until the series finale. After all, they will want to end it on a bang. Our only remaining hope would be if they still bring them home early in the season (November or February sweeps), which would give them time to build up to a whole new sorta bang. -Havoc

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (havoc <havoc@ucs.net>)

conANDave wrote: > "Rob & Moon" <RobMcCartney@webtv.net> wrote in message > news:22197-3936F61A-64@storefull-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net... > : I hope and pray that TPTB at least bring them home and devote 1 > entire > : episode to EACH of the major crew members and their "readjustment" > to > : life on Earth (or at least in the Alpha Quadrant) with small > B-stories > : interacting with former Voyager crew members. > > As long as the series finale doesn't have a sappy "Memories" clip show > like > in the DS9 finale, I'll be satisfied. (or am I the only one that > thought the > whole clip sequence was disgusting, only made worse by the the > complete > absence of Terry "Jadzia Dax" Farrell clips. She was married to Worf > for > two years, and the best "Worf relationship" clip they have is him in a > > torture chamber with Nicole "Ezri Dax" deBoer) Yes... She should have been in it, but apparently Terry Farrell wouldn't grant permission for use of her image (Supposedly due to DS9's previous use of her image without her permission). All in all, I liked the clips.. Especially the ones of Jake/Ben Sisko. Really gave a flaovor for "how far they came." -Havoc

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Gabe Waggoner <gwaggoner@tamu.edu>)

I keep wondering about Admiral Hayes' comment in "Lifeline" -- that Starfleet has dispatched two deep-space vessels to rendezvous with Voyager. He said Voyager should meet the ships in five to six years. How's this? Voyager is 30,000 light years from Earth, so even at maximum warp, in six years Voyager could travel about 6,000 light years toward Earth, while the deep-space vessels could travel roughly 6,000 light years away from Earth (maybe a little more if they're state-of-the-art and a little faster than Voyager) -- the ships would not have crossed paths yet. Voyager would only be 24,000 light years from home and the deep-space vessels would be 18,000 light years away still, at only 6,000 from Earth. > Actually, from what I've heard.... They won't get home until the series > finale. After all, they will want to end it on a bang. > > Our only remaining hope would be if they still bring them home early in > the season (November or February sweeps), which would give them time to > build up to a whole new sorta bang. > > -Havoc

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (havoc <havoc@ucs.net>)

Gabe Waggoner wrote: > I keep wondering about Admiral Hayes' comment in "Lifeline" -- that > Starfleet has dispatched two deep-space vessels to rendezvous with > Voyager. > He said Voyager should meet the ships in five to six years. How's > this? > Voyager is 30,000 light years from Earth, so even at maximum warp, in > six > years Voyager could travel about 6,000 light years toward Earth, while > the > deep-space vessels could travel roughly 6,000 light years away from > Earth > (maybe a little more if they're state-of-the-art and a little faster > than > Voyager) -- the ships would not have crossed paths yet. Voyager would > only > be 24,000 light years from home and the deep-space vessels would be > 18,000 > light years away still, at only 6,000 from Earth. > I hate getting *over* technical.... But perhaps if they are deep space vessels to begin with, perhaps they are starting from the outer rims of explored space, perhaps they are starting from 5 or 10 thousand light years away from earth. Further, I find calculating warp speeds highly inconsistent and therefore virtually impossible. In Scorpion, they indicated that 40 light years would be a five day travel. Eight light years per day.... Stretch it over a year... That's 3000 ly/year. -Havoc > > Actually, from what I've heard.... They won't get home until the > series > > finale. After all, they will want to end it on a bang. > > > > Our only remaining hope would be if they still bring them home early > in > > the season (November or February sweeps), which would give them time > to > > build up to a whole new sorta bang. > > > > -Havoc

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On Thu, 1 Jun 2000 19:47:38 -0400 (EDT), RobMcCartney@webtv.net (Rob & Moon) wrote: > >Let's see Janeway promoted to Admiral for her leadership in getting >Voyager home. > yeah, just like Kirk - I doubt she'd like that... >Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's >meet them for goodness sakes!) > why? Do you care about a woman he never missed? >Chakotay & B'Lanna and the Maquis connection. not *again*! > >Tom & his dad, the resolution to his "problems" > not *again*! >Harry, making Lt. (jg) !!!! > he wouldn't need to come home for that, but I agree, he should get his pip, especially since the jerk Tommy got it :-( >Seven & Neelix acclimating to Earth life and Starfleet Intelligence on >Gamma Quadrant life. I bet Neelix will go with Tuvok and open a restaurant on Vulcan or something. ... >The Doctor, hopefully doing something other than cleaning plasma >conduits..... > >1 entire show EACH, let's not come home in the second to the last >episode and then wrap it up all nice and clean in the Finale.....that >would piss me off. > >Thoughts? there's only one or two questions that might need being adressed (Seven's and the Doc's status and *maybe* Neelix finding a new home). Everything else has either been done to death already (the Tommy-Daddy-thing) or is not really that important (I don't care to see Harry reunited with his parents or Tuvok with his wife. I just don't care enough about their relatives because they've been so completely ignored and neglected by the writers for so long). Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 02 Jun 2000 03:04:47 GMT, evilklowwn@aol.comedy (Bozo the Evil Klown) wrote: >Rob McCartney doth write thus: > ><Heavy snippage> > >>I hope and pray that TPTB at least bring them home and devote 1 entire >>episode to EACH of the major crew members and their "readjustment" to >>life on Earth (or at least in the Alpha Quadrant) with small B-stories >>interacting with former Voyager crew members. > >I don't know about a whole third of the seaon devoted to homecomings; maybe an >episode contrasting Harry's joy at seeing his folks with Seven dealing with the >fear and not-so-hidden loathing she recieves, or the strained reunion between >Lt. & Admiral Paris and Tuvok's more joyful, but restrained and dignified (but >*only* in public!!!!!) reunion with T'Pel, or the Holodoc's fight for his right >to life as an individual compared to Neelix's earch for a place on Earth..... I'd say two eps total for all that. At the utmost. After all, we don't really care for their family back home - so whether or not they see each other again and how they react - sounds just cheesy to me. They are doing fine without their relatives and friends, I bet after 6-7 years their friends back home will have become total strangers to them... Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-06-02 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (conANDave <conandave@email.com>)

"Rob & Moon" <RobMcCartney@webtv.net> wrote in message news:22197-3936F61A-64@storefull-242.iap.bryant.webtv.net... : I hope and pray that TPTB at least bring them home and devote 1 entire : episode to EACH of the major crew members and their "readjustment" to : life on Earth (or at least in the Alpha Quadrant) with small B-stories : interacting with former Voyager crew members. As long as the series finale doesn't have a sappy "Memories" clip show like in the DS9 finale, I'll be satisfied. (or am I the only one that thought the whole clip sequence was disgusting, only made worse by the the complete absence of Terry "Jadzia Dax" Farrell clips. She was married to Worf for two years, and the best "Worf relationship" clip they have is him in a torture chamber with Nicole "Ezri Dax" deBoer)

2000-06-03 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (stephj24@aol.com)

I highly agree with all of your statements......Promote Janeway for her leadership in getting them through...and promote harry for goodness sake!!

2000-06-04 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (utopiawe79@cs.comblahblah)

>Let's see Janeway promoted to Admiral for her leadership in getting >Voyager home. TPTB would do something stupid like that. Janeway is a horrible captain, she should be demoted, not promoted! > >Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's >meet them for goodness sakes!) TPTB don't care about Tuvok, because he is the only worthwhile character on Voyager. > >Chakotay & B'Lanna and the Maquis connection. The Maquis are long gone. Ofcourse, the writers have been known to ignore established trek canon, so maybe they'll say the Dominion war never happen! It wouldn't surprise me one bit. > >Tom & his dad, the resolution to his "problems" I'd rather see his dad refuse to talk to him. > >Harry, making Lt. (jg) !!!! NO! Kim should stay an ensign. He sucks! Compared to Nog, Kim should still be a cadet. >>Seven & Neelix acclimating to Earth life and Starfleet Intelligence on >Gamma Quadrant life. Gamma quad? You mean Delta correct? I'd rather see Neelix disected and seven...well, I don't care about seven. >The Doctor, hopefully doing something other than cleaning plasma >conduits..... The doctor should be taken off-line. >1 entire show EACH, let's not come home in the second to the last >episode and then wrap it up all nice and clean in the Finale.....that >would piss me off. > >Thoughts? > I'd rather see Voyager destroyed, or have one of the crew members wake up from a dream. The dream idea is better, because future writers & fans can forget Voyager ever was shown on TV. It'll be the first step in rebuilding the francise. I miss Deep Space 9 pre season 7 :(. Oh well, atleast season 7 was watchable when Ezri wasn't on screen. > > > > >

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Charles Barber <phto@sympatico.ca>)

After getting back the Captain sends a msg inviting Naomi to the bridge to see Earth for the first time then the realize they forgot her somewhere back in the Gamma Quadrant... OOPs... > From: "nostradamus" <nostra-damus@gmx.net> > Newsgroups: alt.tv.star-trek.voyager > Date: Fri, 2 Jun 2000 21:19:39 +0200 > Subject: Re: Season 7:The End > > How about this: > After Voyager gets home, the crew can't get used to life on earth and all > the changes the Federation has gon trough (like the dominion war), so they > deside to go back to the Delta quadrant "to explore new worlds en seek out > new civilisations". They get a new ship the USS Voyager B (much faster, > stronger and better armed ofcourse) and some new crewmates. > > This would make it possible to make a Voyager movie.

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Julianna Feigl <glacierqueenNOSPAM@hotmail.com>)

On 04 Jun 2000 21:33:00 GMT, utopiawe79@cs.comblahblah (dot internet sucks dot com) wrote: >>Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's >>meet them for goodness sakes!) > >TPTB don't care about Tuvok, because he is the only worthwhile character on >Voyager. > :-))))))))))))) somebody with obviously great taste! Julianna -------- Tuvok: The main reason to watch Voyager!

2000-06-05 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (Stephen Hill <stegorhil@optusnet.com.au>)

What I'd like to see ??? The Voyager finally find immediate means to make it home, but in the process Janeway is badly injured. Rather than return home witht he rest of the crew . . . Chakotay elects to stay behind with his Captain (everybody - awwwwww) It would be so stuffed if they just all return home and that's that. Oh . . . and Tuvok and Seven become starship Captain's, Tom and Belanna go their separate ways (with a lot of "soap opera" looks all round), Harry finds his girl married to another man and Neelix becomes an entertainment celebrity. the Doctor goes to Sevens new ship to "continue her training" (yeah, right). Steve dot internet sucks dot com <utopiawe79@cs.comblahblah> wrote in message news:20000604173300.00143.00000528@ng-co1.news.cs.com... > > >Let's see Janeway promoted to Admiral for her leadership in getting > >Voyager home. > > TPTB would do something stupid like that. Janeway is a horrible captain, she > should be demoted, not promoted! > > > > >Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's > >meet them for goodness sakes!) > > TPTB don't care about Tuvok, because he is the only worthwhile character on > Voyager. > > > > >Chakotay & B'Lanna and the Maquis connection. > > The Maquis are long gone. Ofcourse, the writers have been known to ignore > established trek canon, so maybe they'll say the Dominion war never happen! It > wouldn't surprise me one bit. > > > > >Tom & his dad, the resolution to his "problems" > > I'd rather see his dad refuse to talk to him. > > > > >Harry, making Lt. (jg) !!!! > > NO! Kim should stay an ensign. He sucks! Compared to Nog, Kim should still be a > cadet. > > >>Seven & Neelix acclimating to Earth life and Starfleet Intelligence on > >Gamma Quadrant life. > > Gamma quad? You mean Delta correct? I'd rather see Neelix disected and > seven...well, I don't care about seven. > > >The Doctor, hopefully doing something other than cleaning plasma > >conduits..... > > The doctor should be taken off-line. > > >1 entire show EACH, let's not come home in the second to the last > >episode and then wrap it up all nice and clean in the Finale.....that > >would piss me off. > > > >Thoughts? > > > > I'd rather see Voyager destroyed, or have one of the crew members wake up from > a dream. The dream idea is better, because future writers & fans can forget > Voyager ever was shown on TV. It'll be the first step in rebuilding the > francise. > > I miss Deep Space 9 pre season 7 :(. Oh well, atleast season 7 was watchable > when Ezri wasn't on screen. > > > > > > > > > > > >

2000-06-17 00:00:00 - Re: Season 7:The End - (littlebritishcar@hotmail.com)

They would never give an ex-borg command of a ship.. It's kinda how they didn't want Picard in combat during First Contact. Also with her "Enhansments" she wouldn't have much chance of advancment to any kinda of command. We see this from DS9 with Doctor Bashir and his genetic enhancments. Personal I think they shouldn't get home untill a movie.. I feel that they should run in to the Jem'Hadar/Dominion thats the only thing that they haven't found yet.. How are they going to do a good movie if they get home. If they do it's going to be some lame all tech movie with no real plot. but thats my two cents and there not worth much. On Mon, 5 Jun 2000 17:37:38 +1000, "Stephen Hill" <stegorhil@optusnet.com.au> wrote: >What I'd like to see ??? > >The Voyager finally find immediate means to make it home, but in the process >Janeway is badly injured. Rather than return home witht he rest of the crew >. . . Chakotay elects to stay behind with his Captain (everybody - awwwwww) > >It would be so stuffed if they just all return home and that's that. >Oh . . . and Tuvok and Seven become starship Captain's, Tom and Belanna go >their separate ways (with a lot of "soap opera" looks all round), Harry >finds his girl married to another man and Neelix becomes an entertainment >celebrity. the Doctor goes to Sevens new ship to "continue her training" >(yeah, right). > >Steve > > >dot internet sucks dot com <utopiawe79@cs.comblahblah> wrote in message >news:20000604173300.00143.00000528@ng-co1.news.cs.com... >> >> >Let's see Janeway promoted to Admiral for her leadership in getting >> >Voyager home. >> >> TPTB would do something stupid like that. Janeway is a horrible captain, >she >> should be demoted, not promoted! >> >> > >> >Tuvok going home taking a sabbatical with his wife and children (let's >> >meet them for goodness sakes!) >> >> TPTB don't care about Tuvok, because he is the only worthwhile character >on >> Voyager. >> >> > >> >Chakotay & B'Lanna and the Maquis connection. >> >> The Maquis are long gone. Ofcourse, the writers have been known to ignore >> established trek canon, so maybe they'll say the Dominion war never >happen! It >> wouldn't surprise me one bit. >> >> > >> >Tom & his dad, the resolution to his "problems" >> >> I'd rather see his dad refuse to talk to him. >> >> > >> >Harry, making Lt. (jg) !!!! >> >> NO! Kim should stay an ensign. He sucks! Compared to Nog, Kim should still >be a >> cadet. >> >> >>Seven & Neelix acclimating to Earth life and Starfleet Intelligence on >> >Gamma Quadrant life. >> >> Gamma quad? You mean Delta correct? I'd rather see Neelix disected and >> seven...well, I don't care about seven. >> >> >The Doctor, hopefully doing something other than cleaning plasma >> >conduits..... >> >> The doctor should be taken off-line. >> >> >1 entire show EACH, let's not come home in the second to the last >> >episode and then wrap it up all nice and clean in the Finale.....that >> >would piss me off. >> > >> >Thoughts? >> > >> >> I'd rather see Voyager destroyed, or have one of the crew members wake up >from >> a dream. The dream idea is better, because future writers & fans can >forget >> Voyager ever was shown on TV. It'll be the first step in rebuilding the >> francise. >> >> I miss Deep Space 9 pre season 7 :(. Oh well, atleast season 7 was >watchable >> when Ezri wasn't on screen. >> > >> > >> > >> > >> > >> >> >