FLM films - My Webpage

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (TheFlinx <theFlinxx@yahoo.com>)

Eco wrote in message <13427f1c.31929cdb@usw-ex0102-084.remarq.com>... >Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees >with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. >Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all >back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. >The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. >The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. >Am I right? >Of course I am. Go away kid, you bother me.

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Eco <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

Your copy of 'Debating for Beginners' seems to have a few pages missing. I assume you are of extremely advancing years (in that you assumed I'm a 'kid'), and therefore forgive you for your rudeness. "Oh No-bzzt-I am a Droid, too!" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Eco wrote: > > Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees > with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. > Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all > back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. > The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. > The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. > Am I right? > Of course I am. Who gives a rip...of all the dumb things to argue about. The Dr. Who and Trek universes are too separate entities. It's as pointless as debating ST vs. Star Wars.

2000-05-05 00:00:00 - Cybermen VS Borg - (Eco <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. Am I right? Of course I am. "Oh No-bzzt-I am a Droid, too!" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - ("David B." <bothecat@hotmail.com>)

Citizen G'Kar wrote: > > David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote > > > > Who gives a rip...of all the dumb things to argue about. The Dr. Who and > > Trek universes are too separate entities. > > Wanna bet? > > There are several books in both franchises that do a reasonable job of > proving otherwise! Oh. I'm not familiar with any.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (TehTigre aka Mic <TehTigre@nospam.net>)

Shammie <shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl> wrote in message news:20000506112943.02273.00001508@ng-fx1.aol.com... > >From: "Cool Ass Pie" > > >I think you'll find a lot of people here miss the "force of nature" Borg > >from TNG > > I just plain miss TNG period. <sigh> Me too.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Cool Ass Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

TheFlinx wrote > Eco wrote > >Your copy of 'Debating for Beginners' seems to have a few pages > >missing. > > This is your problem, I'm not the beginer here, Hmmm.... <smelling a familiar troll> > >I assume you are of extremely advancing years (in that you > >assumed I'm a 'kid'), and therefore forgive you for your > >rudeness. > > Apparently your maturity does not extend to knowing classic WC Fields lines. > > How's this? Take your meaningless, pinheaded fanboy X vs Y posts elsewhere > and stop wasting our bandwidth, nobody here wants to hear it. Just a thought, but I wonder whether Fiver has trolled the group recently, and does SteveC know enough Dr Who to try a "Defiant vs Whitestar" with Cybermen and Borg? I may be wrong, but.... :-)

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Cool Ass Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

xyz wrote > Glad to see someone else who also laments the de-evolution of the Borg. I > think the concept of them was really cool. Not what we would really consider > true evil, (remember that evil doesn't mean something bad, just something > against the usual human idea about our own pre-defined ideas of progress) > but an entity on it's own course towards the future. I think the Borg are > really cool in their own way, and that concept would also apply to the > Klingons or Romulans, who have been allowed to have their own ideas of right > & wrong, yet they are cool dudes. I think you'll find a lot of people here miss the "force of nature" Borg from TNG who with a single cube ship could threaten an entire civilisation. Not many are terribly impressed or scared of the Borg now that the Delta flyer can defeat them.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (shamtrek@aol.compizzagrl)

>From: "Cool Ass Pie" >I think you'll find a lot of people here miss the "force of nature" Borg >from TNG I just plain miss TNG period. >Not many are terribly impressed or scared of the Borg now >that the Delta flyer can defeat them. LOL! And if that doesn't work, just throw a big rock at them, that should do it. ** Always remember you're unique, just like everyone else.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Cool Ass Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Shammie wrote > >From: "Cool Ass Pie" > > >I think you'll find a lot of people here miss the "force of nature" Borg > >from TNG > > I just plain miss TNG period. Another Troi/Barclay episode soon? > >Not many are terribly impressed or scared of the Borg now > >that the Delta flyer can defeat them. > > LOL! And if that doesn't work, just throw a big rock at them, that should do > it. Hee-Hee, and if not, I'll throw a custard Pie at them.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (TheFlinx <theFlinxx@yahoo.com>)

Eco wrote in message <2e60e254.5eee1b5e@usw-ex0105-034.remarq.com>... >Your copy of 'Debating for Beginners' seems to have a few pages >missing. This is your problem, I'm not the beginer here, >I assume you are of extremely advancing years (in that you >assumed I'm a 'kid'), and therefore forgive you for your >rudeness. Apparently your maturity does not extend to knowing classic WC Fields lines. How's this? Take your meaningless, pinheaded fanboy X vs Y posts elsewhere and stop wasting our bandwidth, nobody here wants to hear it.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Citizen G'Kar <Narns@allEXCEPTSPAMisurvey.freeserve.co.uk>)

Eco <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in article <13427f1c.31929cdb@usw-ex0102-084.remarq.com>... > Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees > with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. > Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all > back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. > The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. > The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. > Am I right? > Of course I am. It varies. Up to BOBW (and then in FC), the Borg are the Cybermen done right. After that, however, they're a lot wimpier than the Cybes... Borg ships are almost certainly tougher than Cybermen ships, but other than that.... (and the Cybes are masters of sneaking into secure bases and screwing them up - they'd have no problem demolishing Unimatrix One) -- -- "Oh, go away. Repress someone else." http://www.onelist.com/group/CouroPrido

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Citizen G'Kar <Narns@allEXCEPTSPAMisurvey.freeserve.co.uk>)

David B. <bothecat@hotmail.com> wrote > > Who gives a rip...of all the dumb things to argue about. The Dr. Who and > Trek universes are too separate entities. Wanna bet? There are several books in both franchises that do a reasonable job of proving otherwise! -- -- "Oh, go away. Repress someone else." http://www.onelist.com/group/CouroPrido

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Eco <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

It seems to me theres as much room for pinhead fanboys like myself at this NG as there is for arrogant pricks like yourself, so Ill refrain from telling you to go fuck yourself. If you dont like X vs Y topics, point your mouse at another discussion. "Oh No-bzzt-I am a Droid, too!" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Andrew Wilson <anwilson@indiana.edu>)

"xyz" <whomever@nowhere.net> wrote in message news:5IMQ4.3456$Ft1.130412@typhoon.ne.mediaone.net... > Glad to see someone else who also laments the de-evolution of the Borg. I > think the concept of them was really cool. Not what we would really consider > true evil, (remember that evil doesn't mean something bad, just something > against the usual human idea about our own pre-defined ideas of progress) > but an entity on it's own course towards the future. I think the Borg are > really cool in their own way, and that concept would also apply to the > Klingons or Romulans, who have been allowed to have their own ideas of right > & wrong, yet they are cool dudes. have they really deevolved? i mean, they ain't the scary bad bwoys they were in TNG, but we know a hell of a lot about them and beaten them several times - lots of ST tech is now anti Borg in concept. by learning about them and how to beat the, of course they're going to be less scary. And the fact that they don't change themselves, only assimlate - the federation thinks faster than they do. Andrew

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (evilklowwn@aol.comedy)

Eco doth write thus: >Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees >with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. >Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all >back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. >The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. >The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. >Am I right? >Of course I am. If it's the TNG era Borg, who cold devastate Starfleet with a single Battlecube, the Cybermen could wind up being assimilated (even further.) If it's the Vger era Bionic Stooges, who had massed Battlecubes outfoxed by one jumped-up shuttle, *those* Borg wouldn't stand a chance even if they plated themselves with gold. He-Who-Wonders-If-Anyone's-thought-Of-A-Doctor-Who-Meets-Q-Fanfic ***************************************** B'Elanna slowly began to suspect that the "OFF" button on the Holodeck panel *wasn't* the Optical Frequency File, but the long-rumored, mythical "off" switch.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (xyz <whomever@nowhere.net>)

Glad to see someone else who also laments the de-evolution of the Borg. I think the concept of them was really cool. Not what we would really consider true evil, (remember that evil doesn't mean something bad, just something against the usual human idea about our own pre-defined ideas of progress) but an entity on it's own course towards the future. I think the Borg are really cool in their own way, and that concept would also apply to the Klingons or Romulans, who have been allowed to have their own ideas of right & wrong, yet they are cool dudes. "Bozo the Evil Klown" <evilklowwn@aol.comedy> wrote in message news:20000505230027.21270.00001812@ng-ff1.aol.com... > Eco doth write thus: > > >Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees > >with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. > >Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all > >back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. > >The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. > >The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. > >Am I right? > >Of course I am. > > If it's the TNG era Borg, who cold devastate Starfleet with a single > Battlecube, the Cybermen could wind up being assimilated (even further.) > > If it's the Vger era Bionic Stooges, who had massed Battlecubes outfoxed by one > jumped-up shuttle, *those* Borg wouldn't stand a chance even if they plated > themselves with gold. > > He-Who-Wonders-If-Anyone's-thought-Of-A-Doctor-Who-Meets-Q-Fanfic > > ***************************************** > > B'Elanna slowly began to suspect that the "OFF" button on the Holodeck panel > *wasn't* the Optical Frequency File, but the long-rumored, mythical "off" > switch.

2000-05-06 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Eco" <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid> wrote in message > Theres an idiot over on alt.startrek called Sloan who disagrees > with me when I say the the Cybermen would kick the Borgs ass. > Being a more cultured and rational lot here, no doubt you'll all > back me up in roundly scoffing at this lunatics insane claims. > The Cybermen are a hard bunch of unstoppable death machines. > The Borg are a pile of New Age wimps. > Am I right? > Of course I am. > Depends which Borg you're talking about... the latest Voyager Borg couldn't kick the ass of a wet paper bag... the big scary TNG Borg could kick anyone's asses... -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-05-07 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - ("EvilBill[AGQx]" <evilbill25REMOVE-THIS@freeuk.com>)

"Cool Ass Pie" <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com> wrote in message > xyz wrote > > Glad to see someone else who also laments the de-evolution of the Borg. I > > think the concept of them was really cool. Not what we would really consider > > true evil, (remember that evil doesn't mean something bad, just something > > against the usual human idea about our own pre-defined ideas of progress) > > but an entity on it's own course towards the future. I think the Borg are > > really cool in their own way, and that concept would also apply to the > > Klingons or Romulans, who have been allowed to have their own ideas of right > > & wrong, yet they are cool dudes. > > I think you'll find a lot of people here miss the "force of nature" Borg > from TNG who with a single cube ship could threaten an entire > civilisation. Not many are terribly impressed or scared of the Borg now > that the Delta flyer can defeat them. > Well, I haven't seen "Dark Frontier" or any later episodes yet... (tonight's was "Bride of Chaotica" which was quite fun :)), but they were pretty cool in "Scorpion"... and it took a super-advanced drone to get the better of them in "Drone" ;-) -- Hugh: "Resistance is... NOT futile." EvilBill's home page: http://members.xoom.com/EvilBill/ E-mail: evilbill25@freeuk.com. ICQ number: 37464244 Get paid to surf the web: http://www.alladvantage.com/join.asp?refid=dtd-950

2000-05-07 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Eco <eco_smithNOecSPAM@hotmail.com.invalid>)

Yep, like I said, The Cybermen would kick their ass. "Oh No-bzzt-I am a Droid, too!" * Sent from RemarQ http://www.remarq.com The Internet's Discussion Network * The fastest and easiest way to search and participate in Usenet - Free!

2000-05-07 00:00:00 - Re: Cybermen VS Borg - (Cool Ass Pie <sweetiepie_1966@yahoo.com>)

Andrew Wilson wrote > "xyz" wrote > > Glad to see someone else who also laments the de-evolution of the Borg. I > > think the concept of them was really cool. Not what we would really **Cut** > have they really deevolved? i mean, they ain't the scary bad bwoys they were > in TNG, but we know a hell of a lot about them and beaten them several > times - lots of ST tech is now anti Borg in concept. by learning about them > and how to beat the, of course they're going to be less scary. And the fact > that they don't change themselves, only assimlate - the federation thinks > faster than they do. > > Andrew The thing is Andrew, the change occurred during Voyagers last three seasons. When first met the Borg were still scary, Janeway and her crew on Voyager wanted to avoid all contact with them and only risked it when there was *no* choice. Back then, they were scared shitless of the Borg. Now though Janeway seeks out the Borg to raid them for supplies, like a transwarp coil. Janeway has no combat training, Voyager is a small ship, alone and yet with their meagre resources they have managed to defeat the Borg time and time again. Now remember, the Borg all but wiped out Starfleet with a *single* cube ship. The Borg have been assimilating new technologies and civilisation since then, and no matter how advanced Voyager is, it is a single, small ship. It's established time and again that Voyagers weapons and defences are no match for the Borg, just look at Drone for your evidence. What happens is that one writer may still write the Borg as unstoppable machines with superior technology and another writes them as mindless drones with all the response time of a Glacier. If you remember from TNG the Borg adapted to tactical changes almost immediately. In Voyager the Borg are incapable of that speed of action, unless the plot requires it of course. Now don't get me wrong, I understand that plot requirements sometimes require accommodations to be made, but the Borg have been accommodate from an unstoppable force of nature all the way to an irrelevant group of wire-heads.